Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July 13: Enjoying the Bus Ride



Having given my car for servicing, returning home in the evening by bus wasn't really planned. However, when Honda Service Center called to confirm a next day delivery, traveling by bus was the obvious choice.

Couple of months earlier, I had started traveling by bus 3 days a week with an objective of 'Go Green', however my guitar classes and the responsibility of dropping Joel to school in the morning meant I couldn't continue the option of traveling by the local bus. Few weeks that I did manage to travel, it was worthwhile from many perspectives: a) reduced travel cost by one tenth, b) gave me additional 2 hrs (exactly an hr travel one way) to collect my thoughts for the day and catch up with a lot of emails using my BlackBerry, c) gave me an opportunity to look out of the window and enjoy nature and last but not the least d) meet the objective of 'Go Green' and contributing to society in a small way.

Bus travel is a forgotten option among the upper middle-class or rich so I definitely appear a misfit among the passengers who normally look me up head-to-toe. School children, daily wagers, college going students and the middle class working community are my co-passengers.

With my home & office well connected by buses, I definitely look forward to going back to using the public transport and contribute to the cause of 'Go Green'.

No comments: